Saturday, August 22, 2009

Family collages



















I was given a lovely old battered suitcase a while ago by my Uncle full of old photos of the family, mainly my Grandparents on my Mothers side and of course my Mum and Uncle. I wanted to have the photos on the wall but as they are all fairly small, as they were in the 1940's and 50's I decided to make 3 collages using 3 of my favourite photos to go in a 3 picture frame bought at good old Ikea! One of the ideas was copied from a page I did for my A-Z journal last year, I loved the photo of my Grandad or Pop as we called him , stood by his car. The other is my Uncle serving in the Royal Medical corps in India during the 2nd world war, for a man who gets sea sick just looking at the sea that was quite a brave thing to do and the third is one of my Nanny and Mum and Uncle Ken enjoying an ice cream on a sea side holiday. The finished frame hangs in our lounge, I can't wait to show Mum and Uncle Ken and the rest of the family!

1 comment:

Mescrap said...

Whoa !!! Such a treasure suitcase !!!