Thursday, April 30, 2015

A family wedding

Tomorrow we have a big formal family wedding, my hubby's eldest nephew is getting marred in a big old manor house. So any excuse to make myself some accessories to my dress, a 1950's replica navy small polka dot dress with the full net petticoat. I have always wanted a dress like that as I love the fashion, music and films of the 1940's and 50's but I have never been anywhere where I could wear one, now I have!!

      The first thing I made was my handbag. It made with a pattern from Charlies Aunt, my favourite vintage handbag designer. I have made several of her projects, this one is the Home guard clutch bag and I am so pleased with it.


I didn't want to wear a hat so instead I have made a flower, using my wonderful Silhouette Cameo, for my hair and then another one for the lapel on my jacket




Then last but not least I have made myself a new necklace and earrings to finish my look!



No comments: