Friday, July 29, 2016

Chemistry cards

  Now, I have lots of mens cards to make for our family, my sister has two teenage boys and as their birthdays come around I find myself searching for something I can use that they will like. The youngest, Luke had his birthday yesterday and as he is doing his A levels which include sciences, I thought these stamps and stencils from IndigoBlu from The Fruit Pixie would be perfect.

  I ended up making 3 different cards, all using everyday card blanks. I decided to use my Gelli plate to make the backgrounds using acrylic paint.

 For my first card ( and the card I ended up giving to Luke ) I used the IndigoBlu wierd science stencil for the boarders along the top and bottom. Then the IndigoBlu periodic table stamp to make the background.




The Albert Einstein quote came from the IndigoBlu Chemistry Lab stamp set which I stamped and then cut apart for the card.


The test tubes are also from the Cheistry Lab set which I have stamped onto card I have painted using my Gelli plate and cut out .



For the second card I used a DL card blank but have used it landscape instead of portrate. Again the base colour was applied with my Geilli plate.


I used the Wierd Science stencil to add the dotty border.


The stamp for the background was from the Chemistry Lab set.


I used the Periodic table stamp again stamped onto Gelli platted card. the little flasks were also stamped onto painted cardstock and cut out.


The final card, another 6x4 card blank painted using my Gelli plate.


I stamped the Periodic table onto the card.


Stamped the flasks onto 2 different painted card and cut them out compleatly from 1 of the card colours but only cut the liquid in the flasks out of the other so you could layer them to look like the flasks have liquid inasde


I then stamped the second quote from the Chemistry Lab stamp set, cut it apart and applied to the card to finish.

These stamps and stencils from IndigoBlu are so different, I really like them and think they are perfect for thoses sciency people in your lives.

You can find the stencil in The Fruit Pixie online shop here - 

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/indigo-blu-stencil-weird-science-26201-p.asp

The stamps I used here - 

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/indigoblu-rubber-stamp-plate-chemistry-lab-26171-p.asp

Card blanks here - 

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/card-blanks-374-c.asp























No comments: