Friday, May 12, 2017

Art Deco card

  This week I have started playing with the Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood papers and stamps. This is my idea of heaven! I love my old films, when films had a story, believable characters, beautiful gowns ( that were called gowns and even had a designer ) handsome leading men and wonderful music scores.  Of course I also know it was all make believe. Film stars lives made up for the sake of the fans and box office takings but what a beautiful lie it was. So you won't be surprised to hear I love this set!!!  For this project I have gone back to basics and made a simple stamped card.
The card base I made in the Silhouette design software but there are lots of shaped cards on the market. You could also do this on a square card too. This was made to fit a 5x5 inch envelope.
 
The backing paper is from the 8x8 paper pad. I mounted that onto gold paper I had in my scraps bag.
 
The image and word Glamour are from the Vintage Hollywood stamp set 3. I stamped them onto gold card and embossed them in black embossing powder.
 
I added 2 die cut stars to finish the card off.
 
You can find the Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood papers and stamps in the Fruit Pixie shop here -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/vintage-hollywood-703-c.asp
 
Embossing powder-
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/embossing-powders--utee-18-c.asp
 
Versamark pad, I find this pad best for embossing with -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/versamark-watermark-pad-14963-p.asp
 
 
 

No comments: