Friday, June 16, 2017

Sunshine hanging plaque

 I apologise for the long gap between posts this month but my Mum has been in hospital and what with daily life and hospital visiting it has not left much time to craft.   I have had fun though making this hanging plaque using the wonderful chipboard houses and chipboard trees by Crafty Individuals, available from The Fruit Pixie Online Shop who I design for.
I cut a base for my plaque from some box card and covered it in paper from the Craftwork Card Bohemian Dream paper pack. I cut a strip of more of the paper from the same paper pack to give my house,tree and bush a base to sit on.
 
First I chose a house then a tree and bush from the chipboard sheets and painted them a base colour using the 
Cosmic Simmer chalk paint. I then chose an IndigoBlu stencil and added some contrasting paint through the stencil.
 
Once dry I stuck them together and drew the outline with a black fine liner. Then assembled my plaque using some die cut clouds, sun and a kite. I added the little word and number also from the Craftwork Cards Bohemian Dreams papers.
 
I then just had to,add some of the Craftwork cards Candi as apples on my tree.
 
The bright yellow word Sunshine was added to finish it all off.
 
I love these chipboard shapes, they are so easy to paint or colour with inks and I love the quirky shaped houses.
 
You can find the chipboard shapes in The Fruit Pixie online Shop here-
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/crafty-individuals-chipboard-399-c.asp
 
Paper pack-
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craftwork-cards-8-x-8-collection-pack-bohemian-dreams-25673-p.asp
 
Paints -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/cosmic-shimmer-paints-644-c.asp
 
   

No comments: