Sunday, February 18, 2018

Winter Olympic record book

   The winter Olympics are my favourite as I am a big Alpine Ski fan. For the past few Olympics I have made myself a record book to record the medal wins of GB and my adopted country Austria.      This is my book for this year, it was made using products from The Fruit Pixie, who I design for.     I used an envelope as the cover and a card blank for the page
As the cover was a Kraft colour I covered it with a layer of gesso to start.
 
Then used the Cosmic Shimmer paints in cool greens and blues with a snowflake foam stamp and to give some base colour.
 
The next layer was a layer of the wonderful IndigoBlu luscious pigment powders and the Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders.
 
Then to finish off I cut the Olympic rings out of icy colours and used some acrylic inks to add the date and some shimmery colour.
 
The flap of the envelope is used to close the book.
 
 Once the cover was compleat I turned to the card blank.
 
I painted one page Gold, one Silver and one Bronze using them same foam snowflake stamp I had used on the cover.
 
The pages were then stitched into the cover.
 
   
As it was an envelope you have a pocket on the back.
 
I downloaded the Winter Olympic logo and the cute mascot and glued them inside the cover.
 
   
Now all I have to do is record all the medals.
You can find the products I used in the shop here -
 
Card blanks 
 
Cosmic shimmer paints
 
IndigoBlu luscious pigment powders
 
Cosmic shimmer pixie powders
These can be found in the Fruit Pixie Etsy shop
 
Enjoy the Olympics!
 

No comments: