Saturday, July 20, 2019

Wanderlust week 26 take 2

Wanderlust course week 26.   Theme - Inspiration.   Teacher - Cat Kerr

   After making my first shadow box for this lesson which I love but wasn’t exactly the same as the sort our teacher made.
I wanted to make one that was a bit more in the spirit of the lesson.

First to choose my subject. I love the beautiful animated films of the masters at Studio Ghibli. When ever I watch one of their films,
I have seen them all and have almost all of them on DVD, I can just compleatly loose myself in the beautiful colourful worlds they create for you on the screen. 

The stories are often taken from Japanese folk law, some are funny, some have a message and some are quite sad but they all have a beauty that just pulls you in.

One of my favourite and I do have several, is the wonderful My Neighbour Totoro. It’s quite a well known film of theirs but who can resist Totoro!

So that was my theme. 


Part of the lesson was to print your own papers using the Gelli plate, one of my favourite things to play with, so I designed and cut my own stencils on my Silhouette Cameo and made some texture plates using funky foam to use with my Gelli plate.

I also carved some stamps too,  including his name and the little dust sprite poking his head up next to Totoro.

I really had fun with these projects, bringing several of my crafting skills together in one project is so satisfying. 

If you have never herd of Studio Ghibli or seen any of their film I really recommend them. There is something there for everyone. Please don’t think that because they are animated they are children’s films though. They are definitely aimed at adults.

If you would like to see my other shadow box you can find it here 

No comments: