Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone!!  I love to make things for Halloween, I have never been trick or treating, my generation here in the UK never even had Halloween when we were children. Now though we make a night of it, hubby carves a pumpkin while I decorate the mantelpiece and make soup and other treats before we turn off all the lights, OK so we pretend we are not home, settle down and watch all our favourite old horror films. If its after about 1970 then we are not interested, it has to be either Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee!!

     So over the years I have made a lot of decorations, some for design team assignments and some in swaps and some just for me. This years new decoration is my very cute Halloween House made with my Silhouette Cameo machine and by SVG Cuts. I am so pleased with it and my little Voodoo Dolls are just the right size to attack it!!




Here is this years mantelpiece decorations




The books at the end are all altered books on Halloween themes. Skelli was a plastic skeleton from the pound shop I covered in book pages and painted then made him a top hat and dressed him ready for a night on the gravestones!


This wonderful Dracula is one of my favourite ever swaps He stays out all year in my craftroom.


Two more small houses I made this year with my Cameo, these are from LD Designs


Lastly my witch doll, printed cushion and Day of the Dead shrine completes the look!

Its amazing how a collection grows over the years. If anyone who's art is here is reading this thank you! As you can see your work is treasured and comes out each year to be admired.





No comments: