Sunday, August 27, 2017

Jam recipe book

Over the past couple of years I have really enjoyed jam making. It was something I always had problems with, my jam would set solid!! Buying a jam thermometer has solved that problem, so now there is no stopping me!!   I love the internet for searching out jam recipes but I find I can never find the same recipe the following year. This has now happened a few times so I decided it was time to make a jam recipe book to keep them all in.
Of course with my Silhouette Cameo anything is possible, so I adapted a 3d card that had a mason jar as its base and turned it in to my book cover. 
 
All I had to do is create a label, which is easy using the basic shapes.
 
You can cut any font you have on your computer on my Cameo so I found a font I liked and cut the letters out.
 
The strawberries I had in another 3d card file so I cut a few of those and embossed them in a dotty embossing folder.
 
All I needed to do then is stick it all together, cut some 5x5 pages to go inside and bind it all together using my Bind-it-all machine.
 
 
Now I have a place to keep all my jam recipes. No more endless searching the internet to find them again. As well as a nice afternoons crafting too!

No comments: