Saturday, August 26, 2017

MDF Tag beach huts

  As it is August bank holiday weekend here in the UK, I thought I would share my beach huts I have made for The Fruit Pixie online shop using the MDF tags. Of course your tags don't have to be made of MDF you could easily cut tag shapes from any sturdy card for this project.    
This is such an easy project to make.
 
First I drew around the tag shapes on white card and cut them out.
 
I then placed them on my Hougie board and scored every half inch to give me the look of horizontal boards.
 
I chose nice ice-cream colours from the Cosmic shimmer chalk paint and painted every other board. Then left them to dry.
 
 
For the doors I cut pieces of white card and again scored ever half inch but this time vertically, on my Hougie board. I cut thin strips of the same card which I stuck on to make the door surround. A little sticky pearl made a great door knob.
 
I glued the painted beach hut card pieces onto the tags
 
For the roof I cut strips of the same white card and stuck them on top of the painted tag shapes so they looked like a roof.
 
The roof trim was make the same way as the roof but I used a border punch to cut the patterned edge
 
Attach your door's to the middle of the beach huts.
 
Play around with the arrangement of the huts Until you have something you like and then stick them together.
 
This is the back of my piece. The holes make it easy to hang them up.
 
I then cut the word beach on my electronic cutting machine and stuck them on across the beach huts.
 
So there we have a nice summery home decor piece. I have mine hung on the wall but it can also just be stood up. Of course you can add little shells and bits and pieces you pick up on a beach walk to decorate your huts.
 
I used a Hougie board to do all my scoring. You can find them in the Fruit Pixie online shop here -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/hougie-board-13054-p.asp
 
I used the Cosmic shimmer chalk paint here -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/cosmic-shimmer-paints-644-c.asp
 
 

No comments: