Friday, September 22, 2017

Craft Consortium Tell the Bees hanging decoration

For this weeks project for The Fruit Pixie, who I design for,  I have made a hexagonal hanging decoration using the beautiful Craft Consortium's Tell the Bees paper kit.
The decoration itself is a file I cut using my Silhouette Cameo electronic cutting machine but there are all kinds of decorations available to decorate.
 
I used the script paper from the paper pad to make the actual decoration.
 
I used a tiny part of one of the papers to collage the bee hives into the centre of the decoration. 
 
I then used a few of the wonderful sequins to add a little shine to the collage.
 
The little bees around the outside are also from one of the papers, you get a huge amount of bees on one sheet of paper!
 
On the other side of the decoration I stamped the hexagonal stamp a couple of times on the background. This is very easy to do as the stamps are clear, so you can see where you are stamping. I stamped this using the Distress ink Tea Dye.
 
I added some of the little bees that I had cut from the paper. I raised them up on 3d foam. Of course I had to use some of the sequins to add a bit of sparkle.
 
I also added a sequin or two around the outside of the decoration to catch the light.
 
This is such a cute little decoration. You can find all that I used in the shop
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/
 
I hope you liked my little decoration x
 
 
 
 
 
 
   

No comments: