Friday, September 29, 2017

The Third Man fan book

As those of you who very kindly read and visit my blog regularly will know that I design for Tangie Baxter and Co. Each month I write a blog post for her showing how I use her digital products in mixed media form.    My Septembers blog post was due just after we returned from Vienna, Austria and as I always have to take some art work to do whilst I am away I thought I would combine the two.    I decided to make a The Third Man fan book. The wonderful film The Third Man is one of my all time favourite and it is set in post war Vienna. This film has to be one of the best films ever made, in my humble opinion and so I took this as the subject of my little traveling art book which I worked on in our down time whilst in Vienna.
I made the little book out of Watercolour paper and painted the background using my Gelli plate and a homemade stamp made to look like bricks.
 
For each page I used stills from the film, found on the internet, die cuts I cut out on my Silhouette Cameo and collage pieces from Tangie Baxters digital kit Read all about it.
 
Here are my pages
 
I also used some of the Ranger Distress crayons and white pencil and pen and a good black pen to give the book an arty style.
 
I took the photos, with the help of my Hubby, in front of the famous Prater in Vienna.
 
I added one of my die cuts as an extra page in the book using Washi tape. It is not finished in this photo, I finished it on the flight home.
 
I had such fun with this book and it was wonderful to be in the city where the film was set as I worked on it.
 
The back of the book and the end. It all takes part in the sewers of Vienna!
 
If you haven't seen the film then I really recommend it. It is such an iconic film, beautifully shot with the background of old Vienna. What more could you want? 
 
I love Vienna, it is my favourite city in the whole world, so I can recommend a visit here too.
 
Before I add all the links I thought you might like to see the Prater in all her magnificence without my book in front of her. It is the same giant wheel as is in the film, she is almost 200 years old and still looking beautiful. Yes of course I have ridden on her, a wonderful experience with beautiful views of a beautiful city all round too.
 
 
If you would like to read my full blog post you can find it here-
https://shoptangiebaxter.com/blogs/news/the-third-man-fan-book
 
Find out more about Tangie Baxter and Co and the Art Journal Emporium here-
https://shoptangiebaxter.com/pages/art-journal-emporium Untill my next post, take care x
 
 

No comments: