Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Wanderlust week 14

Wanderlust- week 15  Theme - Steampunk. Teacher - Finnabair

     I was so excited about this class, I have followed Finnabair since before she was famous but had never taken part in one of her classes.

    So this week we were taught how to make a steampunk box using her techniques.

I chose to use a wooden box from The Works to work on.




We used modelling paste to make lots of texture. 




   Then built up our Steampunk look using anything we could find.

As mine was a big box I needed some large cogs to help fill the space and give it some night. So I turned to my trusty Silhouette Cameo,
an electric die cutting machine.

I cut each sharp out 3 times and glued them on top of each other. Then they make a dimensional piece. Once painted they blend in with
the other metal and wooden pieces.



For my centre piece I used a fake pocket watch I had had for years and added some real watch parts to add interest.



I then painted it up with layers and layers and layers of paint.

It was then finished off with different coloured waxes.

This was quite a project but I am pleased with how it turned out. 

This course is getting better and better!

No comments: