Thursday, May 15, 2008

Art Quilt swap


I always said I would never allow myself to do fabric work as I know I love the quilting fabrics as much as I do paint and paper and that can only spell disaster for the bank balance but my finger just slipped and I was taking part in the art quilt swap on AN. I had great fun with these, first I painted the background calico with paint and ink, which I wasn't sure would work but I was very pleased with the results. Next the nightmare for me , draw a design ! I chose a house and hill as I knew I could cope with that, and after cutting the pattern and pieces stitched them onto the backing , added buttons and printed the words onto printable fabric and they were done ! I am so looking forward to receiving the other pieces of the quilt, I will make them up into a hanging for my craft room and of course will post the finished piece on my blog

No comments: