Monday, August 18, 2014

Mini ironing board

I have been doing a lot of sewing lately and really enjoying it. The only down side is that my ironing board is upstairs in the bedroom and I sew down stairs, so every time I need to press a seam I had to go upstairs and as I have an ankle that hates going up and down stairs ( still having terrible trouble with it after 5 operations ) and the reason I didnt just bring the ironing board downstairs each time, I had to do something about it. So I took an old place mat, some left over cotton wadding from one of my quilts and some cream fabric and made a tiny ironing board. Then I remembered a very small travel iron I bought from M&S years ago for my crafting that got pushed to the back of a draw and Bingo a mini ironing board!



I used some very sticky carpet tape to stick the wadding to the top of the place mat and cut it to size. I then used more of the tape to stretch the fabric over the wadding and then just neatened it all off on the back with masking tape. OK its a make do and mend but it works a treat, fits beside you and your sewing machine, just the job!  Problem solved! 

No comments: