Saturday, April 18, 2015

Oriental screen card

Is it just me or is the oriental theme creeping back in? I love anything oriental so I could not be happier and I love the new fresh look it has acquired.

    As you know I am the design elf at The Fruit Pixie and I have been playing with some of the new products Sarah-Jane has added to her shop and along with my trusty friend my silhouette I have come up with this card


The card base was cut on my Silhouette but the panels are a stamp from Creative expressions - Stamps to die for skeleton leaves. I stamped them using the Ranger archival ink in black and coloured them with my watercolour pencils.


The fans are the Spellbinders die blossom fan which I cut from black card and then used my collection of biscuit and sweet foils I am constantly collecting ( yes I am one of those who has to flatten it all out! But then I keep it too! ) to place behind the fans and I also found if you rub the back with you finger the foil comes through like it is padded!


The panels were then matted onto black card and then stuck to the screen card. I then added the fans  a little gem to the handle and a sentiment to finish.


All the products, except the card blank, are available from The Fruit Pixie -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/

So grab yourself a cup of Jasmine tea and check it out!




No comments: