Sunday, November 22, 2015

Chalkboard Christmas cards

The Fruit Pixie now sells Craftwork Cards! I have loved their products for many, many years and so I was so excited when The Fruit Pixie sent me the new Christmas packs.

    It was hard, as usual, to choose which one to begin with but I eventually chose to start with the Chalkboard Christmas set.

   Now, I would not normally use black at Christmas, when it comes to the festive season I am defiantly a vintage traditionalist, red, gold and green is our chosen colours at home and we bring out the same decorations year after year, which I love. So I thought I would give this set a go and I have to say I loved using it, as you will see I hope.

                            

Here is my first card, nice and simple using part of one of the papers in the pad along with a sentiment and 2 die cuts. I just love that little bird!!


The second one is using another paper but this time I have cut out the image and used 3d foam to give it some hight. I then used the other half of the same paper as a backing paper and just added a sentiment to finish it off.

As you can see by these couple of cards you can make quick and easy cards with the set that look striking. You can also spend more time and create bigger and more involved projects with it too, as I will show you in the coming weeks.

You can find the set here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craftwork-cards-8-x-8-collection-pack-festive-chalkboard-25677-p.asp

There is also a Magic of Christmas set too, so stay tuned for that one too!!

                       

No comments: