Friday, May 13, 2016

Butterfly shadow box

Here is my last project using the Craftwork cards Time Flies kit I have designed for the Fruit Pixie. This time I have made something that would make a lovely gift or just something for the home, a shadow box.


I made the shadow box using my Silhouette Cameo  electronic cutting machine but you can buy wooden ones online and on the high street fairly cheaply.

I used 2 different papers for the background, edging the second one with ink to match the butterflies.I also covered the frame with strips of the book script paper from the kit.


For the butterflies I popped them out of the die cut sheet and using a quicky glue pen drew a line just inside each butterfly and covered it in the Cosmic Shimmer polished silk glitter. I also added tiny gems from my goodies to the centre of some of them.

I folded the butterflies down the centre attached them to the background using a wet glue.



I then stamped Live your dreams by Visible Image in a purple ink onto the same paper as the background and cut them out. Then when I glued them to the background it looked as if I had stamped them straight onto the background.



So there we have it all done!


I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I have done with this kit, there is still so much you could do but so much wonderful stuff to play with............

You can find these products in the Fruit Pixie online shop

Craftwork cards Time Flies paper kit here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craftwork-cards-8-x-8-collection-pack-time-flies-25760-p.asp

Cosmic Shimmer glitter here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/cosmic-shimmer-polished-silk-glitter-600-c.asp

Live your dreams stamp here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/visible-image-live-your-dreams-23095-p.asp


No comments: