Monday, February 20, 2017

Baby tag toy

We met our new Great Nephew Alexander last week and very cute he is too. Of course as a complacently addicted crafter I saw it as an excuse to make something just for him.

 I decided to design and make him a tag toy. As a trained Nanny and with lots of Nephews, Nieces as well as Great Nephews I know how much babies and toddlers love labels and tags so this would be just the right gift to make.

   I knew it was going to be a boy, so I decided on a rocket shape. I designed the pattern, bought the material, teether and crackle plastic and got to work.





The fins or wings as well as the rocket flames have the crackle plastic inside. The star teether has a pocket to live in with a felt star on it.

The tags are made with ribbon and on the back it is a soft fleece with embossed spots on. So lots of textures for Alexander to feel and explore. All of it was baby safe and machine washable.

It was great fun to design and make and I am really pleased with how well it turned out.

Before we met him in person his Dad sent us some photos. My Mother in law is in her 80's and doesn't do digital so I made her a little photo book cut out on my Silhouette Cameo, so she could see the photos and keep it as a keepsake. She was really pleased with it.



Of course I also had to make a baby card and a gift bag for his present too.


This was made on my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine and can be found in the design store.


The gift tag was made using the ship from the card and just enlarged and a mat cut for it. The strip across the gift bag is also cut on the Cameo too.

No comments: