Thursday, January 17, 2013

Resist technique tags

I learnt a new technique the other day and just couldn't wait to try it. So here are my resist technique tags made for The Fruit Pixie. Both tags are made out of The PaperArtsy smoothy card and have been cut using the Tim Holtz Tag and Book plate die.

  I then placed a template over the tag and applied Eco Green Artist medium Gloss using a credit card type thing, remove the template carefully and leave to dry. I then had a surprise  I had tried it with another Gloss medium and had got a nice smooth effect but with the Eco Green one on the smoothy card gave me a lovely crackle effect!!


I then used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic to colour this tag


For this tag I wanted a different look so used Cosmic Shimmer Chalk misters.



       To finish off the first tag I firstly cut the little frame from the Tag die out of card and then the gold wrapper from a Galaxy chocolate bar ( they cut beautifully so a good excuse to eat chocolate whilst
 crafting ) and stuck them together. The bottle is a medium Creative Expressions glass vile which I have squirted in some Imaginations crafts magi Glits Gel and tied a tiny Jewellery tag around the top . The bingo card, butterfly, doily and border are all from Kaisercraft Miss Match Bingo cards and Collectables.



For tag 2 I made a flower using the Tattered Flowers and leaves dies from Tim Holtz to cut the Creative Expressions Kraft Twistwrap paper. This is fun stuff to use and sculpts nicely so is great for flowers and leaves. You can also colour it, I used Imagination crafts silkies. Then add the word using Tim Holtz Typeset alphabet strip die and a button to finish.

All these products are available from The Fruit Pixie on-line shop, where I am the resident design elf! :)

No comments: