Thursday, December 17, 2015

Magic of Christmas star box scene

Today I have a cute little 3D project to show you using the Craftworks cards Magic of Christmas kit.This kit is available from The Fruit Pixie.

     I love the little 3D scenes people build for Christmas, so these have inspired me to build my own. Now I made my star box using my Sillhouette Cameo but you can easily buy one of the little card boxes available on the market.


I covered the inside and outside of the star box using the Magic of Christmas papers. 


I then covered the back of the star with the same paper as the outside. The little deer is cut from one of the many die cut toppers that is in the kit. 

To give a background to my scene I cut a scrap of white card into hills and added some die cut trees. I then put my little deer on 1 layer of 3d foam.


I then cut some more snowy mounds for the foreground and built them up on 3d foam pads.



I cut up another of the die cut toppers for the Seasons Greetings and used some of the paper to cut the pinecone and leaves. Before I added these though I glued some of the Ranger tinsel around the box using my hot glue gun. I then added the collage pieces I had cut out earlier.


I think my little box looks very vintage. It was such fun to put together.

You can find the Craftwork Cards Magic of Christmas kit here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/christmas-38-c.asp


No comments: