Friday, March 30, 2018

Easter Bunny

Its not very often these days I make something just because, I am usually busy with design team projects, which I love to do, or family birthday cards etc. But today I have something to show you that I made just for me!    Last year or perhaps even the year before, in the sale on Create and Craft they had a set of Dreamees MDF Easter shapes along with a stamp set. The price was good and as I looked at the MDF shapes, an egg, bunny head, square plaque and a sign I knew exactly what I could do with them.    Here it is, all the shapes together to make my Easter bunny                                  

I used the egg shape for her body, the square for the base and the head and sign as you can see.

Her features and the word carrots were cut on my Silhouette Cameo, along with her pink inner ears.

Her jacket I cut from scraps of Scrapbook paper. The collar and pockets from scraps of coloured card.

A few buttons finished her outfit off.

To stand her up I glued a cloths peg to her back, hubbies idea, and disguised it with white paint and a strip of the paper I used for her jacket. I also added a little pom pom from some pom pom trim to give her a tail. The peg just made her easier to glue to the base.

The carrots I got from the £1 shop and the fence was cut out using an old Sizzix Ranger on the edge die called on the fence.

Her little bow was also cut with a die and finished with a glittery button.

It was such fun making this little scene and I am sure I will use it every Easter for may years to come.

Happy Easter x

No comments: