Monday, July 22, 2019

Altered suitcase part 2

  A couple of posts ago I showed you the covered tiny suitcase I made as a project for The Fruit Pixie online shop I design for. 

Well this is what I did on the inside.


As you can see I have divided it up into little pigeon holes to store a few craft supplies.

But first I painted the inside to match the outside.

I then used foam core board to make the shelves and dividers. Foam core it very sturdy but light as a feather. I covered the front edge of the pieces with the beautiful Craft Consortium decoupage paper.

Then to make some matching storage.


At the top, a tray to hold pens scissors and what ever else you want really.


A little pot for crayons and a tiny art journal. Well, who said art journals have to be big.


The deep box holds my glue and any paper bits I want to use. It could hold lots of things.

I then left a section empty to hold ink pads perhaps?


Then to fit in the cover an artist portfolio 


To hold collage pieces or the pieces you are working on.


It’s amazing what you can get into a tiny suitcase!!

I had so much fun planning and making my suitcase. It looks so cute by the side of my chair with everything to hand.

This would make a lovely gift for a crafting friend or make one for yourself fitted out for your favourite hobby.
Imagine the fun you could have making one for a child, I’m sure they would love it.

You can find the beautiful Craft Consortium decoupage papers in the Fruit Pixie shop here -











No comments: