Sunday, July 07, 2019

Wanderlust week 26

Wanderlust week 26.   Theme - Inspired by.     Teacher - Cat Kerr

    Wanderlust continues and I am still enjoying it emensly. I am a bit behind with posting but for this post I want to show you my project for week 26. 

This months theme is Inspired by and for this lesson we had to be inspired by something outside of art. Then use that inspiration to make a shadow box.

I am working on that at the moment but I took the opertunity to make a project I have had in my head for ages.

I bought the shadow box about 3 years ago, have planned many projects for it in my head but never got around to starting on them.

Then last year we were given our names in gold painted wood as a keepsake at our nieces wedding. I immediately knew what I wanted to do with them but again had not got around to making the project.

As it was similar to the project in the class I decided to work with my names and shadow box. Then make a second shadow box a bit more like the one shown in the class.

So here it is!



The shadow box is covered in paper that I made myself using my beloved Gelli plate. I also make all the stamp plates, stencils and carved rubber stamps too.

Inside the shadow box the layers are built up using plastic sheets. So the back is one of my Gelli plated printed papers.

The next layer is a heart I painted onto a thin plastic sheet.

The the final plastic sheet has our names attached. I love the way they fit so nicely together.

I must admit I loved making it and am very pleased with the results.




No comments: